Gone are the days when we have to rely on physical monetary forms to make purchases. Nowadays, we can conveniently use the services of virtual credit card providers.
Virtual credit cards are computer-generated cards that allow you to make automated payments online. It will not require you to put your card number; hence, it provides reliable protection from potential frauds. Virtual credit cards also have a feature for automated management of your spending limits.
With its numerous convenient features, virtual credit cards are changing the way our currency system works. To help you decide which provider to choose, here are the top ten best virtual credit card providers today:
TransferWise is an online payment platform launched in 2011. It provides a fast and straightforward transaction process of money transfer at its real exchange rate.
Additionally, it converts at the mid-market rate and deducts fees before the conversion. With its low rates and extensive currency routes, it’s no wonder that it’s the go-to platform for many people.
- TransferWise doesn’t charge transfer fees for first-time transactions.
- Its charge starts at 0.35% afterward plus additional percentages depending on the transfer amount and currency.
- It presently supports more than 750 currency routes and provides multi-currency accounts.
Albine is a virtual credit card provider with a specialization in online privacy. It helps users ensure that their personal information, transactions, and password remain secure from unauthorized access. It is a highly convenient and flexible platform as it allows you to check out from a phone, tablet, or browser.
- It allows you to sync your virtual credit card details across your devices.
- It has a password encryption option and an efficient security system.
- The system will enable you to generate a new number for your credit card every transaction.
Payoneer is one of the most established online payment companies since its launch in 2005. Many major e-commerce companies integrate Payoneer’s services in their platform for easy payment. It is available in over 150 currencies in more than 200 countries across the globe.
- The rates vary depending on your Payoneer account volume.
- It charges a flat $3 fee for local bank transfers.
- It charges 1% of the overall USD and EUR transfer amounts, but it can’t exceed $10.
US Unlocked is one of the most widely-used virtual credit card services with its unique features. It is a cross-border payment system that enables users to use a VPN and make purchases in U.S. geo-restricted online services. It offers a secure way to make U.S. purchases by providing a unique card number and US billing address.
- US Unlocked has two types of cards: one-time use card and merchant-specific card.
- It provides a valid shipping and billing address to ensure successful checkout in the United States.
- The top-up fee for every service is around 3%.
American Express Go
American Express Go offers a flexible and easy expense solution for corporations. It enables you to make mobile or browser payments to send money on-the-go to contractors, freelancers, and recruits.
- It’s fast and easy to set up an American Express Go virtual card.
- It enables users to limit and control their spending.
- To continue using their virtual card, employees can add funds to their accounts.
- You can keep track of all your transactions.
- The platform allows you to process employee reimbursements seamlessly.
DreamweaverVCC provides a PayPal solution and allows you to send and receive payments with ease. The platform has a sorting option that allows you to sort your accounts by ratings, popularity, and price.
- Browsing your accounts on the platform is seamless.
- The platform offers a simple and quick process of registration and account verification.
Privacy is a VCC provider that allows users to take complete control of their payment transactions online. The platform makes it easy to register a card and turn off a service subscription with only a few clicks. Through Privacy, users can modify their account type and who can have access to their account.
- You can opt for either a personal or business card and a one-time or subscription account.
- It allows users to close their account whenever
- It has a browser extension that offers convenience in auto-filling your card numbers upon checkout.
- Users will receive an instant email notification after every transaction.
Bento is a virtual credit card provider that offers an efficient way for businesses to manage their spendings. It provides comprehensive detail on where, when, and how employees use the company funds.
- Bento allows you to monitor and manage your virtual and physical credit cards.
- It provides a convenient spending tracker where you can set limits and modifications.
- Upon issuance, you can immediately use your virtual credit card.
- The virtual card will only be accessible by authorized users of the account.
Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) is an online payment platform that allows users to transfer money both locally and internationally. The platform’s Skrill Money Transfer feature has reasonable exchange rates and fees, making it a strong choice for online payments. It also has the Skrill Wallet feature, enabling users to transfer money to another wallet or send it directly to bank accounts.
- It offers flexible ways to fund your online payment, depending on the location and currency used.
- Skrill has an official partnership with major e-commerce companies.
- You can conveniently use your email address to transfer money, given that the sender or recipient has a Skrill account.
Netspend is one of the leading virtual prepaid card solutions in the U.S. They provide their services to an estimated 68 million users who don’t have an account on traditional banks. Furthermore, Netspend gives users the option to create personalized cards with unique images.
- Activating a Netspend account is free-of-charge.
- It provides a way to create a temporary card number with no hassle.
- You can choose from an extensive selection of plans.
- It allows users to transfer money online quickly by simply logging in to their website.
- You can track and check your balance anytime and anywhere.
We’ve truly come a long way from traditional banking and spending all the hassle from lining up to make a purchase. With virtual credit cards, you can make payments and transfer money from one account to another with ease. This extensive list of the best virtual credit card providers will help you decide which VCC provider suits you best.